Friday, September 3, 2010

New Wine

And nobody puts new wine into old skins; if he does, the new wine will burst the skins and then run out, and the skins will be lost. No; new wine must be put into fresh skins.
Lk.5:37,38

Jesus is just starting Hi s public ministry, calling His disciples to Him.  Jesus has just called Matthew who promptly held a great banquet for Jesus in his house. The large crowd of tax collectors and other undesirables shocks the sensibilities of the Scribes and Pharisees.  Jesus explains He is offering something new, hope for those who were formerly hopeless.

Jesus is constantly new for me.  His ways, His promises are so counter to my old way of thinking and living.  He is new wine.  To contain Him I need to become a new wine skin.  The old man has died.  The new man is here.  I am ready for the new wine... today.

Jesus, You are the new wine, the fresh hope given to me.  Change my "skin" that I may contain You.  
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: