Thursday, September 9, 2010

Love My Enemies

But rather, love your enemies and do good to them, and lend expecting nothing back; then your reward will be great and you will be children of the Most High, for he himself is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked.
Lk.6:35

Today's Gospel is Saint Luke's version of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount.  Jesus lays out for all to see the radically new way of living that He has brought to the world.  If there is one piece of Christian theology that non-believers know, "Love your enemies" would be it.  And if there is one piece of Christian theology that non-believers accuse the Church of hypocrisy on, again, 
"Love your enemies" would be it.

The greatest cause of atheism today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and then walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle.  THAT is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable (DC Talk, Jesus Freak).


Today I will try and love my enemies as Jesus commands.


Lord Jesus, help me.  You know how badly I always want to win, to gain revenge.  Help me love as a child of God.   
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: