Thursday, March 11, 2010

Unity

SCRIPTURE
‘Every kingdom divided against itself is heading for ruin, and a household divided against itself collapses.
Luke 11:17

OBSERVATION
Jesus has just delivered a man from a demon. Most people marvel at what He has done but some criticised Jesus, accusing Him of working for the devil. Jesus refutes their accusation with pure and simple logic; “a household divided against itself collapses. So too with Satan…”

APPLICATION
The logic Jesus uses to counter the claims against Him is a universal law. Anything divided becomes a weaker entity. This law is like gravity, you can’t escape it. It applies to everything, physical, social and spiritual. It applies to the entities I am part of; my church, my parish, my family. A major plea in Jesus’ priestly prayer at the Last Supper was for the unity of His followers; “Father, may they be one as you and I are one…”. Disunity is a curse from the devil while unity is a blessing from God. This being so, today I make unity the hallmark of all my relationships. It is the sign of an authentic Believer.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, remind me by your Spirit to be one who unifies and builds up, not separates and tears down.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: