Saturday, March 20, 2010

My God, What Love is This?

SCRIPTURE
Several people who had been listening to Jesus said, ‘Surely he must be the prophet’, and some said, ‘He is the Christ’, but others said, ‘Would the Christ be from Galilee?’... So the people could not agree about him.
Jn.7:40

OBSERVATION
Jesus is becoming more forthright in proclaiming who He is and this disturbs the people.  Some agree, some disagree, some scoff.  The Pharisees note the agitation and step up their plans to silence Jesus.  The shadow of the cross looms larger across the landscape.

APPLICATION
The unequivocal claims of Jesus about His divinity have always been the bone of contention.  Many agree Jesus was a wise and good man who existed in history, some even recognise him as a prophet... but God?  If I don't believe in Jesus' divinity then I am not a believer.  Jesus' complete nature in being fully man AND fully God is fundamental to my Christian faith.  It is the only thing that makes sense of His death.  It defines the infinite love that God the Father has for me. "For God so loved the world that He sent His one and only Son...".  For God so loved me!
Today the divinity of Christ reminds me I am infinitely loveable and infinitely loved.

PRAYER
Thank you Father for loving me so much that you sent your one and only Son so that I will not perish but have eternal life.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: