Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Less is More

SCRIPTURE
The greatest among you must be your servant. Anyone who exults himself will be humbled and anyone who humbles himself will be exulted.
Mt.23:12

OBSERVATION
Jesus is teaching the crowds, warning them not to follow the hypocrisy of the scribes and the Pharisees. He then gives the blue print for true greatness… be the least.

APPLICATION
This is another great Christian characteristic that the world simply calls madness. To choose to be a servant, choose to be last, choose humility over exaltation screams in the face of today’s self-centred absorption with which the world constantly seduces me. Humility has always been a hallmark of the saints, men and women who chose to go against the flow of their times. They had learnt the secret that less is actually more. Today I chose to go against the flow, to be least and little.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus. You are the Servant King. Teach me your ways that there may be less of me and more of you in my life.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: