Friday, March 26, 2010

My God

SCRIPTURE
The Jews answered him, ‘We are not stoning you for doing a good work but for blasphemy: you are only a man and you claim to be God.’
Jn.10:33

OBSERVATION
The Jews are wanting to silence Jesus because of His claims of divinity.  Jesus replies, if you can't believe what I say at least believe in what I do as this testifies to who I am.

APPLICATION
Nothing's changed in two thousand years. Jesus' divinity is still the great dividing point.  Many say Jesus did exist in history, was a good man saying wise things, a prophet even.. but God?  This is the central to our Christian faith.  If I don't believe in Jesus' divinity then I am not a believer and the cross doesn't make sense.  I face today knowing that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died for me, God loves me that much!

PRAYER
Jesus, you are my God and Saviour.  In You I place my trust.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: