Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Price Has Been Paid

SCRIPTURE
Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete them.
Mt.5:17

OBSERVATION
Jesus gives this startling proclamation immediately after giving the beatitudes during His Sermon on the Mount.

APPLICATION
I often wrongly think that Jesus came to replace the Law of Moses, that He came to free us from the Law which ends in death. While this is true, I still need the Law to convict me of my sinfulness. It is then that I rush into the loving arms of my Father in Heaven and throw myself into His mercy. Jesus completion of the Law was carried out on the cross when He took the punishment the Law demands of me. He took my death-sentence that I might live. What a price he paid! What a gift I have received! Today I live with a deep sense of thankfulness for what Jesus has gained for me.

PRAYER
Jesus my Redeemer, thank you for all you have done and are doing for me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: