Sunday, March 7, 2010

He is the Answer

SCRIPTURE
Do you suppose that they were more guilty than all the other people living in Jerusalem? They were not, I tell you. No; but unless you repent you will all perish as they did.
Lk.13:4,5

OBSERVATION
Jesus is responding to the news about people who had been slaughtered by Pilate while in the Temple.  No doubt the people were trying to make sense of what seemed a travesty of justice to them.  Jesus puts it into a bigger perspective and draws His listeners into the picture.

APPLICATION
Travesty and injustice continues to happen.  Bad things still happen to good and innocent people.  Our friends little eight-year old daughter has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour.  Why Jesus?  Why does this happen?
This is the wrong question of course.  I should be asking “How?”  …How am I to live with this Lord?  Jesus’ answer is the same… Repent.  Draw closer to Him and then it will obvious as to how I am to respond to the injustices of this world.  He always is the answer.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, you are the answer to all my questions.  Help me draw closer to you today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: