Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Beloved Son

SCRIPTURE
While he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was moved with pity. He ran to the boy, clasped him in his arms and kissed him tenderly.
Luke 15:20

OBSERVATION
The Pharisees were complaining that Jesus welcomed sinners, even eating with them. In response Jesus tells them the three beautiful parables about those who are lost and the lengths God the Father goes to find them… The parables of the lost coin, the lost sheep and finally the greatest revelation of God’s love, the parable of the lost son.

APPLICATION
This parable Jesus tells always resonates with me. Often I identify with the lost son, sometimes I see more of myself in the jealous older brother, always I rejoice in the picture Jesus paints of the loving Father. No matter what “pig pen” I have come from, He is the one who runs to me, takes me in His arms and says “Son, welcome home”.
Today I see myself rightly, I see myself as the beloved son.

PRAYER
Father in heaven, what can I say that conveys my gratitude for your love… nothing. I simply sit in your love and bask in it.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: