Thursday, March 6, 2008

Look to God

Thursday 6th March 2008

SCRIPTURE
How can you believe, since you look to one another for approval and are not concerned with the approval that comes from the one God?
Jn. 5:44

OBSERVATION
Jesus is replying to the Jew's complaints about His claims to be the Son of God. The Jews were so focussed on each others approval that they failed to recognise God's approval of Jesus in the very scriptures they studied. The crunch factor then, and still is now, is Jesus' divinity.

APPLICATION
I went to an Alpha course last night and two guys in our small group shared, very bravely I thought, their doubts about the reality and divinity of Jesus. I was reminded how precious my gift of faith in Jesus is, how confused my life was without Him.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, thank you that I can come to You for life. You are my rock and sure foundation. I place my trust in you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.




No comments: