Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not I, surely?

Wednesday 19th 2008

SCRIPTURE
Not I Rabbi, surely?
Mt.26:25

OBSERVATION
Judas has already received his thirty pieces of silver from the Chief Priests, sealing his deal to betray Jesus to them. When Jesus openly reveals the treachery during the Last Supper, Judas readily joins the chorus of denials; "Not I Rabbi, surely?"

APPLICATION
My eight year old daughter said to me two days ago, "With our little sins we are spitting on Jesus, with our big sins we are banging the nails into Him". Out of the mouths of babes...
This is not time for denial. The truth is I have both spat on Jesus and and driven the nails in. My sins heaped on Him caused the Father to turn away and Jesus cry out, "My God, my God,. Why have you abandoned me?!"
My only hope is mercy, and this He has promised me.

PRAYER
My God, let your mercy triumph over judgment.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: