Friday, March 7, 2008

He Rescued Me

Friday 7th March 2008

SCRIPTURE
Many are the trials of the just man but from them all the Lord will rescue him.
Ps. 33:19

OBSERVATION
All of today's readings hint of the coming persecution of Jesus, the "virtuous man". They also foretell the trials that will face any who follow Him.

APPLICATION
What a great comfort it is to know that God is here battling for me, ready and able to rescue me. Trials will come, indeed have come, but I never face them alone.
I'm reminded of a small incident at work yesterday where a decision I had made was challenged. I defended my position but what really lifted me was the support I was given by my manager. When the boss steps in and places his hand on your shoulder your cause is justified. Jesus is behind me, His hand on my shoulder, today...

PRAYER
Jesus, my rock, my defender, my mighty shield, I place my trust in you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: