Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I will Never Forget You

Wednesday 5th March 2008

SCRIPTURE
Does a woman forget her baby at the breast, or fail to cherish the son of her womb? Yet even if these forget, I will never forget you.
Is. 49:15

OBSERVATION
From the "Book of Consolation to Israel" near the end of the book of Isaiah is this beautiful verse of promise and comfort. This prophesy was given to the people of Israel while they were still in exile.

APPLICATION
I remember first hearing this verse in a song at Mass before I had joined the Catholic Church, in a self-placed exile of sorts. It made me realise how alone I was in a spiritual sense, separated from my Catholic wife and children. It was a call home to the loving embrace of God the Father, a call I couldn't resist because I longed for that embrace in the depths of my heart. The call is just as strong today...

PRAYER
Thank you Father for your faithful love. I stand today secure in that love.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: