Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Not Alone

I am not asking you to remove them from the world, but to protect them from the evil one.
Jn.17:15

Jesus is in the upper room, knowing what is about to take place on Cavalry. His final prayer is for his disciples who are left behind in the world. They are to stay behind, for the moment, under the protective hand of God. 

It's good to remember that while in the world I am in a spiritual battle. There is an adversary, the evil one, who wants my heart, my soul. But look who's protecting me. God himself! All the more reason to press into him each morning in my prayer time, to seek God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in the sacraments. 

Thank you Jesus that you have not left me alone, that you walk with me into this day. Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.


No comments: