Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Flatmates

Make your home in me, as I make mine in you.
Jn.15:4

Jesus is emphasizing the importance of being connected with him, the vine. He then raises the bar, saying not only are we connected but we are at home, living with each other.

I remember back in my single days living in a flat shared with others. When I first moved in, some of the flatmates I didn't know very well. That soon changed as we lived together. There is an intimacy that comes with sharing the same toilet and bathroom. In some cases this resulted in lifelong friendships. 

Jesus invites me to make my home with him. He wants to be my flatmate, to share my daily living with him. He is no distant, cold God. He's the closest and best of friends. 

Jesus, make your home in me as I make my home in you.


No comments: