Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Make it Count

When they found him they said, ‘Everybody is looking for you.’ He answered, ‘Let us go elsewhere, to the neighbouring country towns, so that I can preach there too, because that is why I came.’ 
Mk.1:37,38

"Let us go..." Jesus has just started his public ministry. His modus operandi is one of energy and dynamism. He doesn't wait for people to come to him. He goes to them.

If Jesus' life is a model for me to follow, it is a physically challenging one. Today's gospel records Jesus preaching and ministering to crowds late into the night and then up before dawn to pray. I believe Jesus made everything he did count. When he ate, he ate well. When he slept, he slept well. He was intentional about all he did. 

Sometimes when I recollect at the end of the day, I struggle to list what I've actually meaningfully done. The day has been frittered away. Life is too short for that. It's time to be more intentional. Even spontaneity can be planned. 

Jesus, help me make today count.


No comments: