Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Expectant Faith

But they laughed at him. So he turned them all out and, taking with him the child’s father and mother and his own companions, he went into the place where the child lay. 
Mk.5:40

Jesus casts out unbelief and brings in faith before raising Jairus' daughter from the dead. It's a constant theme of the Gospels. Faith always precedes signs and wonders. 

Yesterday my son asked me why everyone for whom we pray for healing doesn't always receive it. The only answer I can give is that of C.S. Lewis. When I meet God I'm going to have some damn good questions... and I'm expecting some damn good answers. 

However, I have to say that part of the reason is the lack of expectant faith. There are more laughing scoffers in the world than faith-filled believers. Jesus' game plan is still good today. Push out the scoffers. Call in the believers. Then, go for it. 

Jesus, give me more expectant faith for miracles, that you may be glorified. 


No comments: