Thursday, January 4, 2024

Come and See

They answered, ‘Rabbi,’ – which means Teacher – ‘where do you live?’ ‘Come and see’ he replied; so they went and saw where he lived, and stayed with him the rest of that day.
Jn.1:39

The two disciples of John the Baptist are drawn to Jesus by John's recommendation. They are about to personalise their relationship because of the simplest of invitations.... Come and see.

I like that style of invitation. I use it when inviting unchurched people to an Alpha Course. It is non-threatening as the initiative is with the invitee. They stay in control. If they don't like what they see they can leave, no pressure, no expectations, no chase-up. It's also risky for the same reasons. I, as the inviter, don't have control. I have to trust the Holy Spirit to do his work.

Lord, place in my path today people who I can invite to come and see.


No comments: