Friday, January 12, 2024

Friends

Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, ‘My child, your sins are forgiven.’ 
Mk.2:5

The faith of the paralytic's four friends results in him receiving two great gifts, physical healing and forgiveness of his sins.

Friendship is such a gift. It can be life changing. I was helped and welcomed into the Church through friends. I have three very close friends who I call my 3am Friends. We have prayed together for years. If I were to call them in need at 3:00 am, I know they would respond. I am blessed by these men, my life is richer because of them.

Today's Gospel has prompted me to contact these men and thank them for their friendship.

I thank you Jesus for the friends you have placed in my life. Help me be a faithful friend to them.



No comments: