Thursday, February 18, 2021

Choice

I set before you life or death, blessing or curse. Choose life, then, so that you and your descendants may live, in the love of the Lord your God, obeying his voice, clinging to him; for in this your life consists.
Dt.30:19,20
Moses addresses the Hebrews before they enter the promised land. He places before them a choice, life with God, death without him.

It has always been a choice. God forces nothing above our free will. Our love is only love when freely given. When I choose the love of God over the love of the world, when I cling to him, when it is in him I "live and move and have my being" as Saint Paul said in Acts, then happiness and fulness of life is mine.  It's a no-brainer. 

Jesus, I recommit my life to you this day. It is in you that I choose to live and move and have my being.
Saint Philip Neri, pray for us.

No comments: