Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Something Very Good

God created man in the image of himself, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them And so it was.... God saw all he had made, and indeed it was very good.
Gen.1:27,31
God's creative genius is crowned with the making of man and woman, so highly exulted as to be made in God's own image. 

 Recently I participated in a conversation on where and what the source of the COVID-19 virus may have been. A comment was made that the pandemic was the result of species being "too close to each other", the inference being that over population of human beings was the primary cause of the virus. This clashed with my Christian world view that says people are not a problem. What they do can be. 

Today's first reading from Genesis agrees with me. God sees people as the pinnacle of his creation, made in his image no less and given the command to be fruitful and multiply. I am part of that beautiful act of God's creation. So is everyone else I encounter today.

Jesus, you are co-creator of the universe. Thank you Lord for humanity. Help me see everyone I encounter today as something very good.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.





No comments: