Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Keep it Simple

Filled with joy by the Holy Spirit, Jesus said: ‘I bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and of earth, for hiding these things from the learned and the clever and revealing them to mere children. Yes, Father, for that is what it pleased you to do.Lk.10:21

The seventy-two have returned from their first mission trip rejoicing that even demons submitted to the name of Jesus. Jesus in turn is filled with joy and gives thanks to God the father for the work he has done through common, simple people.

The work of simple, faith-filled people gives Jesus joy. Having a pure, childlike motive is empowering. I tend to overthink things, complicate matters. Acting on simple trust can result in demons submitting to the name of Jesus.

The faith of the seventy-two came from spending time with Jesus, hanging out with him and getting to know him personally. Advent is a good time to hang out with Jesus.

Jesus, thank you for your faith in me. Help me keep it simple. Help me step out in childlike faith.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: