Thursday, December 12, 2019

Hold the Hand

I, the Lord, your God, I am holding you by the right hand; I tell you, ‘Do not be afraid, I will help you.
Is.41:13

Isaiah writes of the helper of Israel. He describes a loving father holding the hand of a child, leading and protecting him.

Among all the stern images of an avenging God Isaiah slips in these tender images of a loving father, patient and slow to anger.  Who among us has never desired such a father as presented here.

I recently was holding the hand of an eighteen month old granddaughter as we explored a large rain puddle. She pulled her hand out of mine and tried to run. With the water up to her knees she soon fell over. I pulled her up and she held on more tightly onto my hand.

I've done this with God, pulling my hand away and then falling. His hand is always outstretched for me to take hold of again. Advent is a good time to reach out again for that loving and guiding hand.

Thank you Father that you promise to help me. I reach out again to you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: