Monday, December 30, 2019

See the Good, Be the Good.

the world, with all it craves for, is coming to an end; but anyone who does the will of God remains for ever.
1Jn.2:17
John is encouraging a detachment from the sensual world as this leads to cravings, insatiable appetites that end in nothing. Living for God however, results in living for ever.

Here it is again, the tension from living in the world but not being of the world. The risk is becoming so heavenly minded I'm no earthly good. The key for me is to see God in the good.

There are good things in the world, it must be so as the world was created by God. There are bad things in the world. This must be so as Satan entered the world and brought in evil, sickness, disease and death. Today I choose to focus on the good.

Jesus, you have redeemed the world that we may live in it with peace and joy. Help me see you in the good before me today. Help me be the good where goodness is absent.



No comments: