Thursday, August 1, 2019

Heart Surgery

One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul.
Acts16:14
Today's Gospel Acclamation is taken from Acts 16 verse 14. There it's recorded how Lydia, who was listening to Paul preach, had her heart opened and she believed. As a result she and her household were baptised.

This sort of divine heart surgery is very different from the physical kind. It's lifesaving in an eternal sense. It changes everything in a person's life. God becomes the central point of reference. The moment it happened for me I will never forget. My landscape changed forever.

Our parish is about to start an Alpha Course. While there is no pressure and no expectations on guests attending Alpha, there's every hope that divine heart surgery will take place. I'm looking forward to the course also for my own benefit. My own heart needs softening up to pay attention to what God is saying.

Lord God, my heart can harden so easily. Open my heart so can pay attention to what you are saying to me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: