Friday, August 30, 2019

Stay Awake

The other bridesmaids arrived later. “Lord, Lord,” they said “open the door for us.” But he replied, “I tell you solemnly, I do not know you.” So stay awake, because you do not know either the day or the hour.’
Mt.25:11,13
Jesus is telling the parable of the Ten Virgins, five wise and five foolish. The wise were prepared for the arrival for the groom, the foolish were not and were bared from entry to the banquet. Jesus says "Stay awake".

I found it hard getting up this morning. It was one of those times where the warmth of my bed was seductive. I'm now glad I overcame it. For me, staying awake, being ready, involves my morning prayer time.

Reading the daily Mass readings keeps me in stride with the Church. I may not know the hour of Jesus' return but the Church knows how best to prepare me. At the end of these morning times I'm always more clearly focused on what I need to be doing in the coming day. Loving God and loving others.

Thank you Jesus for always being awake for me, always ready to engage with me when I turn to you. Help me "stay awake" today and see you in those I meet.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: