Thursday, January 13, 2011

Of Course He Wants to!

A leper came to Jesus and pleaded on his knees: ‘If you want to’ he said ‘you can cure me.’ Feeling sorry for him, Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him. ‘Of course I want to!’ he said. ‘Be cured!’ And the leprosy left him at once and he was cured.
Mark 1:40-42


Jesus' healing ministry is taking off.  Huge crowds are starting to follow Him as his fame spreads.  The crowds are so huge that He can no longer go openly into the towns but has to "stay outside in places where nobody lived" Mk.1:45.  Despite this, the spontaneous compassion of Jesus has Him continue to heal and cast out demons.

I love this warm side of Jesus' personality. "Of course I want to" Mk.1:41  Whenever I ask for help or healing from Jesus, this is the response I know I can expect.  He loves me and wants the best for me, today...

Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your healing hand in my life.  You have taken me from the miry clay and set my feet upon a rock.  I love You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: