Monday, January 3, 2011

Believe and Love

Whatever we ask God, we shall receive, because we keep his commandments and live the kind of life that he wants. His commandments are these: that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and that we love one another as he told us to.
1Jn.3:22,23


Saint John's first letter is to Christian communities in Asia who are under threat of disintegration because of early heresies. He emphasises his earlier Gospel message; believe in Jesus Christ and love one another.

John's antidote to false teaching then is just as relevant today; Believe and Love.  This call results in me living the kind of life God wants of me.  When I am that in-step with God's plan for my life, whatever I ask of Him He will give to me.  What a promise! Today I choose to believe and choose to love.

Lord Jesus, I do believe that you are the Son of God come in the fleshRelease Your healing power in my life that I may love as You have loved.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: