Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Calls Us His Brothers

For the one who sanctifies, and the ones who are sanctified, are of the same stock; that is why he openly calls them brothers in the text: I shall announce your name to my brothers, praise you in full assembly.
Heb.2:12

Our leader, Jesus, is one of us.  He is "of our stock", not a distant, remote and unfeeling God.  He deliberately became like us, like me, and suffered the consequences.  This is the point of difference of our Faith.  We know a God who calls us His brothers.

What a difference this makes to how I face today.  I have a God who is greater than a friend, He is my brother.  What can man do against me when I have a God like this beside me.

What a friend I've found, closer than a brother. 
It would break my heart if we should loose each other.

Jesus.  Jesus. Jesus, friend for ever.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: