Saturday, April 5, 2008

Wait for the Captain

Saturday 5th April 2008

SCRIPTURE
They were for taking him into the boat, but in no time it reached the shore at the place they were making for.
Jn.6:21

OBSERVATION
The disciples head off across the Sea of Galilee without waiting for Jesus. It gets dark, the wind comes up and the sea gets rough. At this desperate moment Jesus walks across the lake to them. "It is I. Do not be afraid". Suddenly, they find they have reached their destination safely.

APPLICATION
This is so often my story. Full of my own ideas of where I'm going and how to get there, I set sail - without Jesus. Then, in the midst of the mess I've got myself into, in walks Jesus bringing peace and calm. With Him present I reach my destination.
The lesson here? ...wait for Jesus to get on board before heading off.

PRAYER
Jesus my Lord. Give me the patience to wait for You. You are the captain of my ship.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: