Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Kia Kaha - Be Strong

Wednesday 9th April 2008. Third week of Eastertide.

SCRIPTURE
Yes, it is my Father’s will that whoever sees the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and that I shall raise him up on the last day.

Jn.6:40

OBSERVATION
Jesus is teaching in the synagogue. His miracles have caught the crowd's attention and His message is more bold and direct. As the people complain and argue about his claims, rather than compromise Jesus hammers message home all the harder; "I shall raise him up on the last day". Only God can say that.

APPLICATION
It is my belief in Jesus as the Son of God that brings me the promise of eternal life. And it is only in my presenting Jesus as God that is going to offer salvation to an unbelieving world. People may complain and argue but that is the heart of the Good News. Am I uncompromising on this point?

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, You stood firm on the things that mattered. Give me Your strength and clarity as I tell others about the wonderfully good news of You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: