Thursday, April 24, 2008

Jesus Loves Me

Thursday 24th April 2008 - Fifth week of Eastertide

SCRIPTURE
As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments you will remain in my love,
Jn.15:9

OBSERVATION
Jesus is speaking to the disciples at the Last Supper, wanting His final words to ring out His love for them. They also ring out His love for me.

APPLICATION
This is the basic Good News that filled my heart with joy when I first really heard it - God loves me!
This is the bedrock of my faith that I return to when times are tough. No matter what I have done, no matter what struggles are happening, God loves me. And Jesus implores me, "Remain in my love". Why would I ever want to leave?

PRAYER
Holy Spirit, empower me to keep the commandments of Jesus, that I may remain in His love.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: