Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gift of Peace

Tuesday 22nd April 2008 - Fifth week of Easter.


SCRIPTURE
Jesus said: ‘Peace I bequeath to you, my own peace I give you, a peace the world cannot give, this is my gift to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.
Jn.14:27

OBSERVATION
Jesus is continuing His farewell discourse at the Last Supper. The disciples have been asking, "where are you going?", "what is this all about?". They are finally realising that something is about to happen to Jesus and they are troubled. Jesus meets that trouble with His gift of peace.

APPLICATION
Over the past few days my heart has been troubled and afraid. I have had lack of peace. A church project I have taken on is having difficulty getting support and taking off. I'm feeling alone and the specter of failure looms in front of me.
These words of Jesus are like oil on troubled waters. I note the heart gets troubled and afraid only when I let it. The situation remains but my attitude has changed. I choose to not let trouble or fear enter my heart. How? By pressing closer into Jesus, the Prince of Peace.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, I receive the gift of Your peace that You offer me. You are my Rock on whom I stand.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: