Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Soften the Heart

He said, ‘Imagine a sower going out to sow.

Mt.13:3


Jesus tells his well known parable of the sower. The Word of God, the seeds, is sown into the hearts of the people, the ground. The seed is constantly good. The ground varies. 

My heart had to be made soft before I could receive God's Word. God used a Marriage Encounter Weekend to change my heart of stone to soft, rich soil. As I fell in love with my wife all over again, my love affair with Jesus also started. 

Here lies a masterful lesson on evangelistion. Soften the heart before throwing the seed. This invariably involves investing in relationships, which takes time. However, it's time well spent.

Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And you shall renew the face of the earth. Amen.



No comments: