Thursday, July 18, 2024

Rest for My Soul

I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
Mt.11:29

Jesus spreads his arms to the crowds inviting them to come. Come to what? Come to what is our deepest longing, rest for our souls. 

When I rest my body I feel great. But, when I rest my soul I feel sublime. I feel Jesus' embracing arms cradling me. This deepest rest is found in gentleness and humility. No pressure, no expectations. Just sweet, deep rest. 

Jesus, I take up your offer. Here are my heavy burdens. They are now yours. In their place I receive your rest for my soul. 

Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And you shall renew the face of the earth.


No comments: