Wednesday, July 17, 2024

A Mere Child

Jesus exclaimed, ‘I bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and of earth, for hiding these things from the learned and the clever and revealing them to mere children.'
Mt.11:25

Jesus highlights that cleverness is not essential for understanding. Comprehension comes from a childlike faith. 

My conversion ground to a halt when I tried to understand everything. Thank God my puny brain eventually gave up and I simply said, "I believe." Then I understood.

Does this mean I am to stop reading, studying, and learning? Of course not. They all expand my understanding, but my understanding always comes from my childlike faith. 

God chose the foolish to shame the wise so that no one can boast.

Lord Jesus, in your kingdom less always means more. Keep me humble, keep me small, keep me a mere child that I may never boast.
Saint Therese of Lisieux, please pray for me.

 

No comments: