Thursday, July 11, 2024

Mercy Triumph

I tell you solemnly, on the day of Judgement it will not go as hard with the land of Sodom and Gomorrah as with that town.
Mt.10:15

Jesus commissions the twelve to go and proclaim the Good News while relying totally on the people to whom they are ministering for their physical needs. Those who accept them and welcome their message will be blessed. Those who reject them fall under a curse.

Judgement day will come. It's not dwelt on too much these days, but Jesus said it so we'd better take heed. In a way it's a relief. I don't have to make judgement, in fact I'm commanded not to. I can leave judgement up to God, the only one who can. My role is to beg for God's mercy to triumph over judgement, mercy not only for perpetrators of evil but also for myself who stands among their number.

Jesus, may your mercy triumph over judgement. I place my trust in you.
Saint Benedict, please pray for us.

 

No comments: