Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Deadly Distractions

Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in here the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.
Lk.14:21

Jesus tells the Parable of the Great Banquet to prophesy what will happen at the Great Banquet of God's Kingdom. All are are invited but only the weak, the poor, the lame, those at the bottom of the heap with no worldly attachments accept the invitation. 

Worldly attachments can be a tool to bring people into the Kingdom or deadly distraction. The latter is more often the case. The antidote is to seek first the Kingdom of God. This means investing my first, my best for Jesus. The other stuff is then seen in right perspective, reconstituted dust. 

Jesus, you know my attachment to things. Help me place you and your love for others in first place.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: