Monday, October 26, 2020

People Overjoyed

When he said this, all his adversaries were covered with confusion, and all the people were overjoyed at all the wonders he worked.
Lk.13:17

Jesus has performed a miracle on the Sabbath, healing a woman of an eighteen year infirmity of body and spirit. A synagogue official accuses Jesus of breaking the Sabbath to which Jesus replies the Sabbath is the right day to release people from bondage. This causes confusion among his enemies but great joy among the people. 

Jesus' work in the lives of people brings great joy. This is as true today as it was two thousand years ago. The hallmark of a genuine work of God is joy. This is hardly surprising as people are being set free. I've seen this demonstrated through Alpha Courses we have run, convincing me it is a work of God.

We have an Alpha Course meeting tonight. I'm looking forward to the joy...

Thank you Jesus for breaking my chains of bondage, for bringing joy into my life. Help me set prisoners free by your power that joy may reign. 

Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.



No comments: