Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Use or Lose

I tell you, to everyone who has will be given more; but from the man who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
Lk.19:26

Jesus is telling the parable of the ten gold coins. The man who was fearful and hid his coins rather than investing them was rebuked by his lord and stripped of the little he did have.

We all have been given something of value from God to invest for him, even if it is just the breath we draw, life itself. What is my gift of value, apart from life? 

I think I am able to teach and to lead. Alpha has been a place I can exercise these talents, perhaps explaining why I resonate so much in that ministry. 

Today's reading reminds me of the principal, "Use it or lose it" and the using is to be for God's glory, not my own. 

Jesus, you have given me much. Help me be not fearful but bold in using what I have been given, for your glory.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: