Saturday, March 7, 2020

Perfect Lover

But I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you; in this way you will be sons of your Father in heaven.Mt.5:44,45
Jesus is teaching in his Sermon on the Mount. Here he focuses on loving our enemies.

This is the great point of difference for Christians compared to other religions. Loving neighbours is a common theme but loving enemies sets us apart. This is in the realm of "being perfect as you father in heaven is perfect". It's a big ask and impossible to do by myself.

I don't have outright enemies but there are people whom I find it hard to love, even in my family. Here's an opportunity to be perfect, with God's help.

Jesus, my spirit is willing. Help be be a great lover today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: