Saturday, September 14, 2019

The Cross

Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not be lost but may have eternal life. For God sent his Son into the world not to condemn the world, but so that through him the world might be saved.
Jn.3:16,17

The Exaltation of the Holy Cross 

Jesus is teaching Nicodemus, explaining the all-sufficiency of who he is and what his death and the cross is about to gain... the coming home to heaven of all the world.

The most well known verse of the Bible is well known for a reason. It says it all. When I loose the point of my faith I come back to these two verses. Here is the why and the wherewithal of who Jesus is (the Son of God), what he did (died for me) and what that means (me back home with God).

I'm looking up at the crucifix in our lounge as I write. This is why I am thankful for the cross and why the cross is the source of my greatest joy.

Jesus, you handed out the nails and climbed on the cross for me. What can I say but thank you... thank you Lord.
Saint Mary of the Cross, pray for me.


No comments: