Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Sorry Thank You Please

So they set out and went from village to village proclaiming the Good News and healing everywhere.

Lk.9:6
Jesus has just commissioned the twelve disciples for their very first mission trip. They carry nothing but the message of Good News in their hearts and a burning desire to share it. Healing follows the proclamation of the Good News.

So, what is this life changing Good News? Today's acclamation gives a hint. "The kingdom of God is near: repent and believe...". I am helping lead an Alpha Away Day this Saturday. There will a time for those who want to to make a commitment to following Jesus. That prayer is very simple... Sorry, Thank you, Please. The starting point is "Sorry". Repentance is the crucial turning point, admitting I've tried doing it my way, I now want to do it your way. Emotional, spiritual and physical healing can then follow.

This not such a bad prayer for me to say each day... Sorry, Thank you, Please.

Lord Jesus, I'm sorry for the times, the many times, I have chosen my way over your way. Thank you Jesus for your death on the Cross that has taken the burden of my sins off my shoulders. Please come into my life today. I take my hands off the steering wheel and hand control over to you. Amen.

Little flower, please pray for me.





No comments: