Friday, May 17, 2019

The Way

Thomas said, ‘Lord, we do not know where you are going, so how can we know the way?’ Jesus said: ‘I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through me.’
Jn.14:5,6
Jesus has just washed the disciples feet at the Last Supper and now continues his final teaching to his disciples. He has told them he is going to prepare a place for them, that they know the way to this place. He is the way.

This is the inconvenient truth. No one can come to the Father except through Jesus. Other faiths and religions have elements of truth but only Christianity unequivocally states this. Jesus said it. I believe it.

Jesus describing the Father's house with many room prepared is read at many funerals. For good reason. Jesus said it to comfort his disciples prior to his Passion. He says it today to comfort me and to encourage me to follow "The Way".

Lord Jesus, you are my way, my truth, my life. I place my trust in you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: