Thursday, May 2, 2019

Come Holy Spirit

'We are witnesses to all this, we and the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey him.’ This so infuriated them that they wanted to put them to death.    Acts 5:33

The Apostles are brought before the Jewish high court and are accused of ignoring their orders and continuing to spread the news about Jesus' resurrection.  Peter boldly denies none of this and proceeds to proclaim the Good News to their very faces. He says the Apostles and the Holy Spirit of God are witnesses to the truth of Jesus' resurrection.

Peter has turned from a sand pile into a rock. The crucial ingredient to Peter's transformation is the Holy Spirit. From the moment Peter was anointed by the Holy Spirit in the upper room he become a fearless proclaimer of Jesus as the risen Messiah.

This is a good reminder for me to invite the Holy Spirit further into my life. Starting now...

Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me. Fill me with your power, satisfy my need. Only you can make me whole, give me strength and make me grow. Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.
Saint Peter, please pray for me.

No comments: