Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Food for the Journey

‘Sir,’ they said ‘give us that bread always.’ Jesus answered: ‘I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never be hungry; he who believes in me will never thirst.’
Jn.6:34,35
News of the feeding of the five thousand has spread. People are clamouring after Jesus for more miracles but knowing their hearts are in the wrong place he simply gives them the Good News. 'I am the bread of life'.

Jesus is about to give his powerful discourse on his body and blood, the teaching too hard for many then and too hard for many now. But the truth remains. Am I hungry? Is there a gnawing dissatisfaction in my life making me constantly search for the next big thing? Am I always thirsty, never completely sated? Jesus says 'Come and eat. Come and drink'.

Jesus, you are my bread of life. Thank you Lord for your body and blood freely given, my food for the journey.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: