Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Blessedness of Labour

O blessed are those who fear the Lord and walk in his ways! By the labour of your hands you shall eat. You will be happy and prosper.
Ps.127.1,2

God is calling work a blessing given to a God fearing man. Happiness and prosperity come from work. In today's first reading Saint Paul is more direct. If a man refuses to work, don't feed him.

I've been working for forty five years. It has supported my wife and five children, truly I have been blessed.  I'm starting to yearn for an end to this work, to look forward to retirement, an exit plan. That is a natural thing in due season. Meanwhile, my work continues to be a blessing and I will regard it as such.

Lord, you know how some days at work are hard to be excited about. Help me finish the race well.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: