Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Courage!

When the disciples saw him walking on the lake they were terrified. ‘It is a ghost’ they said, and cried out in fear. But at once Jesus called out to them, saying, ‘Courage! It is I! Do not be afraid.’
Mt.14:26,27

Jesus is on shore in prayer when he sees the disciples boat in trouble out on the lake in heavy sea. He walks out to them on water, terrifying them. Jesus identifies himself and calls them to believe.

‘Courage! It is I! Do not be afraid.’ This is the great call of Jesus. Fear shackles. Jesus sets free. The first fruit of faith in Jesus is courage. Courage lifts me up, calls me beyond myself, feeds my creativity. It gives the fullness of life promised by Jesus.

I face my day today in faith and courage.

Thank you Lord for your call for me to take courage, for you are with me and I never need be afraid.
Lttle Flower please pray for me.

No comments: