Thursday, August 2, 2018

A Better Version

And whenever the vessel he was making came out wrong, as happens with the clay handled by potters, he would start afresh and work it into another vessel, as potters do.
Jer.18:4

Jeremiah describes his vision of the potter's house. The potter reworks the clay, again and again, until he has the pot he intended.

This is a strong analogy of how God works on me. He accepts me as I am but loves me so much he doesn't leave me this way. He "reworks" me. The starting afresh can be just a slight re-smoothing or it can involve punching the clay back into ball and completely restarting.

This reworking of my clay happens through what and who God places in my day. WHen things don't go smoothly, God is at work.

Lord Jesus, help me accept the rough times in my day as moments when you are making me into a better version of myself.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: