Friday, May 1, 2015

Way Truth Life

‘I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through me.’ 
Jn.14:6

Jesus is comforting his disciples by giving the "Big Picture" i.e. ...big house ...many rooms ...a place prepared.  Thomas asks "How can we know the way"? Jesus replies decisively.  "The Way, the Truth, the Life... Me, Me, Me".

What is the Way?  What is Truth? What is Life?  These are big questions to which everyone has to come up with an answer, believer or non-believer. I remember as a young man seeking answers to these questions, looking into Eastern religion, humanism and straight-out hedonism. It was exhausting. It wasn't until I found that Jesus covers them all that found peace and with that peace, joy.

It's good for me to remember with gratitude what a gift faith in Jesus is to me.

Lord Jesus, you are my Way, my Truth and my Life.  Thank you for the peace and joy you give me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: